Sumi-e Water Colours & Oils - Artist - Author
- Tchouki studied sumi-e with Koho Yamamoto in New York City from 1975 to 1982.
- Now she is a well known artist and teacher of sumi-e in her own right.
- sumi-e is the study of ink-painting that originated in 4th century Japan.
- sumi-e begins with the traditional studies of nature: bamboo, pine, chrysanthemum and cherry blossom, but sumi-e techniques and the aesthetic approach of sumi-e can be applied to any subject.
- You can buy her art directly from this website. Tchouki also gives courses in sumi-e.
Cookies will be set on Log-In